Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Oh the holidays!

Christmas shopping, wrapping gifts, final, paper, lesson plans, parental contacts, school evacuation plans, meetings, chores, bills, etc. I feel, along with many others, I'm sure, that everything comes crashing down in December. Deadlines rise to the surface and I find myself praying during the day. I actually look to prayers to help me complete what I need to during this month. I am reassured only when I hear the stress of the others. I know that is not a considerate thing to say (or type in this case), but it is comforting to know I am not the only one. It is also comforting to know that things just have a way of working out and falling into place just as they have the previous December!

complete: finsh
etc.: "et cetera" and so on
parental: having to do with parents
evacuation:act of leaving somewhere
rise: come up
considerate: being aware of others

1You have to ____________________the homework.
2I like to eat turtey, mashed potatoes, gravy,__________ on Thanksgiving.
3We have an ____________________ plan that tells us the steps to follow when we leave the building.
4The will _______in the east.
5People should be____during the holidays.
6One should consider __________feelings if someone's child is hurt.

1 comment:

Teacher: Jackie said...

We all feel stressed from time to time, and perhaps it is human nature to feel reassured when others are having trouble too. Misery loves company.

Enjoy your Christmas break! I hope you liked blogging.