Tuesday, October 14, 2008

When it rains...

it pours!

When I took this new job I took a pay cut as well. I got over it when I realized a few thousand dollars a year is not a big difference when spread upon 25 pay checks. On another good note, I know myself very well to understand that the more I make the more I spend. So this year I know to be more cautious with my spending. So far, I have been saving even more than last year.

On a gloomier note, it seems I have more to purchase this year than I did last year. To give a few examples, tuition has increased. Now that I have entered a second year with a salary I can't expect my parents to pay for my two hundred dollar oil changes which are more frequent with my drive to work being further. In addition, I can not expect my parents to pay for their cruise celebrating their 25th anniversary in April. And to top it off, on Friday night my entire filling came out possibly forcing me to get a crown. Dental coverage is not close to decent.

And now, for those reading, I would like to apologize for being a drama queen and a bit self-centered. Everybody has financial burdens in addition to major ones that life offers. This is the moment when I count my blessings and hope that others who are not as blessed are able to get through their obstacles.

Few: more than two of something
Gloomy: depressing
Purchase: to buy
Salary: money you are paid in the year
Filling: what a dentist puts in the hole of a tooth
Burden: problem
1. Without sun the sky seems dark and _____________________.
2. There are only a ___________ clouds in the sky.
3. I have a cavity in my tooth and I need a ______________.
4. The women went to the mall to ___________ a dress for the party.
5. We all need strength to overcome the _____________ in our life.
6. My dad has a big________________ and therefore makes a lot of money.
If not irregular, a verb is written in the simple past tense by simply adding “ed” to the end of it.

No comments: